WHAT’s integrated, multi-disciplinary team of providers offers a range of adolescent and family-centered primary medical care, mental health, and prevention services all under one roof.
Services are designed to meet the unique needs of the adolescent and young adult population, and include:
- Wellness physicals for sports, school and employment.
- Vaccinations and immunizations.
- Mental health counseling.
- Treatment for acute and chronic conditions (e.g., asthma, diabetes).
- Laboratory tests.
- Alcohol and substance abuse screening and counseling.
- Screening and referral for dental and eye exams.
- Chronic disease management (e.g., asthma, diabetes).
- Risk-reduction health education, outreach and prevention.
- Referrals for non-medical services to ensure optimal well-being.
- Insurance eligibility and enrollment for Medicaid and other public health insurance plans.
Patient-centered Medical care
- Our clinical care team works collaboratively, led by the patient’s provider of choice, to ensure optimal care coordination for each patient.
- WHAT’s providers and staff are responsible for coordinating care across settings, ensuring patients have access to care and clinical advice during and after-hours, and obtaining a complete medical history of the patient and care needs outside of WHAT.
- Patients are informed of the role they play in their overall care at WHAT, including a responsibility to provide accurate, up-to-date history details and other relevant information, and demonstrating an understanding of their overall care and health outcome goals with WHAT’s care team.